Aims & Objectives
No. 14-90/2015-SP-IV- The Government of India have decided to constitute All India Council of Sports.
Whereas games and sports are essential for development of human resources and play an important role in projecting the image of the country at international level, it has been decided to set up “All India Council of Sports” as an advisory body.
AIMS AND OBJETIVES:
The Council will be an advisory body for the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It will have the aims and objectives as indicated below:
- To advise the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on:
• Popularizing sports amongst the youth as a way of life;
• Increasing outreach of sports to rural and tribal areas, areas affected by Left Wing Extremism (LWE), North East and Jammu & Kashmir;
• Implementation of policies for promotion of sports and games in the country;
• Matters relating to promotion of inclusiveness in sports with special focus on women, differently- abled, tribal etc;
• Preventing drug abuse in sports, fraud of age and sexual harassment of women in sports;
• Bringing professionalism, transparency and good governance in functioning of National Sports Federation;
• Ways and means to raise resources for the promotion of sports and games in the country;
• Promotion of sports sciences and sports medicine;
• Augmenting sports infrastructure and ensuring its proper utilization;
• Matters relating to participation and performance of sports persons and teams in international sporting events;
• Issues arising out of match fixing and other malpractices in competitive sports;
• Ways and means to promote indigenous games in the country;
• Early identification of sports talent and nurturing of the identified talent;
• Integration of sports in educational curriculum in schools, colleges and universities;
• Welfare measures for sports persons; and
• Issues and matters specifically referred to the Council by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.