In a bid to promote sports across the length and breadth of the country Sports authority of India (SAI) develops sports infrastructure across its all eleven Regional centres. This infrastructure is utilized for training the SAI inmates as well as elite athletes in National camps preparing exclusively for International sports events.
Equipment support division of SAI is entrusted with procuring various sports equipment for training purposes with following roles and responsibilities.
- Implementation of Plan Schemes by procuring sports goods/equipment to SAI Centres/Sub-Centres/Academic Institutions.
- Procurement of Sports Goods and Equipment beyond delegated powers of Regional Centres.
- Procurement of Sports Goods/Equipment for National Campers in connection with mega international sports events i.e. Asian Games, CWG, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup etc.
- Procurement of Equipment above Rs. 10 lakhs as approved in ACTC and other important schemes of Govt. like ‘Community Connect’ and ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyam’.
- Procurement of Services.
- Contract Management & Administration from receipt of Indent till finalization of Contract following due procedures of GFR-2005, Govt. Instructions and CVC Guidelines.
- Issue of CDEC to National Sports Federations (NSFs) recognized by MYAS (50 Nos.).
- Providing Consultancy Services to other organizations on demand.